It’s now winter in Georgia and Six Flags has officially transitioned its park into a wonderland of fun, holiday magic! If you visit the park from now until January 2nd, in addition to the always-fun rides for all ages and stages, you will find glittering lights, festive performances, and delicious hot chocolate that will be sure to put even the grumpiest of Grinches in the holiday spirit.
Check out all the details, including hours by date, on Six Flags website.
Six Flags Holiday in the Park
Come to Six Flags Holiday in the Park to experience the following:
- Lights! Every Six Flags “neighborhood” is decorated in a specific, festive theme. We loved seeing the North Pole hill, a huge Santa in the Retro Christmas area, and the Peppermint Plaza on the way to the Mindbender. No need to just rush from ride to ride – be sure to stroll to different areas and really take in the lights and sounds of the season.
- Santa! Head to the Peachtree Area to see the big man in red. Not only can you take a picture with Santa, but you can also write him a letter (I mean, what if he forgets what you told him you wanted? Better be safe and put it in writing too!). Once you have your letter, be sure it makes it to the right place by visiting the North Pole Post Office. And finally, head to the North Pole Playground for arts and crafts, reindeer games, and Santa’s Candy Cane Farm.
- Music! Enjoy a hot cup of cocoa while listening to live performances throughout the park. There’s no shortage of shows to choose from – check out Santa’s Dancing Elves perform Boogie Woogie Santa Claus, listen to the Tinseltones by Tomlinson, and don’t miss Retro Christmas Live near Dare Devil Dive.
- S’mores! S’mores are never a disappointment! Gather your crew around the campfire for a marshmallow-y treat in between rides.
- Rides! While Six Flags may be known for its thrill rides, there are rides for all ages throughout the park. Be sure to check out the Riverview Carousel which is adorned with nearly 94,000 lights! Insider tip: If it gets cold while you are visiting, warm-up at JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Our kids LOVED the ride and it was a good time to get toasty before heading back out to brave the cold.
On your way out of the park, pay special attention to the Christmas tree near the front entrance! The tree comes to life with an animated light experience, featuring three unique shows choreographed to your favorite holiday classics. It’s the perfect way to end your festive, Six Flags experience!
Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday events on our Atlanta Holiday Guide!
Like this article? Pin this image!