Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week of May. I love sending my girls’ teachers little treats all year long, but I never pass up a chance to shower them with a little extra love during this official week of appreciation!
Over the years, I have celebrated this week in a variety of different ways. One year, I helped organize take-home meals for every teacher in the school for the whole week (that was quite a feat!). I have co-hosted countless luncheons and treat bars/buffets at school. As wonderful as all of those experiences were, I will be the first to admit that they were very time-consuming.
In recent years, I have shifted to more cute puns with a small gift card and sometimes ordering or bringing a special lunch one of the days that week. Whichever route I take, I always write a note of thanks and have my kids do the same because, at the end of the day, it’s not about the gifts. It’s about genuine gratitude for loving my kids and helping them grow into amazing human beings!
Here are 5 easy gift ideas to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week:
- There’s no SUBstitute for a Teacher Like You!
- Wookie Cookies: I Couldn’t CHEWS a Better Teacher Than You! (goes with Star Wars Day…May the 4th!)
- We Think You are a WILLY Great Maestra! (goes with Cinco de Mayo!)
- Anyway You Slice It, We Are Grateful For You! (this was a menu card for teachers to place their pizza order but it could be adapted for a pizza restaurant gift card)
- Happy FRYday! (we sent in our thank you notes with this one)
Do you have fun ways you celebrate your children’s teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week? Or are you a teacher with ideas? Let us know in the comments below!