3 Dip Recipes for the Big Game
It’s almost time for the big game and while your team may not be playing for the championship, that doesn’t mean you can’t throw a party (even if it is just for your family).
Here are three dip recipes that are sure to please everyone at your party.
- 1/2 c. mini pepperoni
- 2 8-oz. blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. grated parmesan, divided
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 c. marinara sauce, divided
- 2 c. grated mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 each of any of your favorite pizza toppings (i.e. sliced black olives, diced bell pepper, diced red onion)
- Toasted baguette, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the pepperoni on a paper towel-lined plate. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Blot the tops of the pepperoni with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- Stir to combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Spread the mixture in an even layer in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Add 1/2 cup marinara and spread evenly over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, 2 tablespoons each of pepperoni, and other pizza toppings you’ve diced. Repeat with the remaining marinara, mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, and toppings.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven to broil and bake for 2 minutes more.
- Let cool and serve with toasted baguette slices.
Greek Green Goddess Dip
- ½ cup packed fresh dill
- ½ cup packed fresh mint
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt, more to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, optional
- Chopped vegetables or pita chips, for serving
- Place dill, mint, parsley, basil, garlic, scallions, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Add feta and process until smooth; pulse in yogurt. Taste dip and add more salt, if desired. If you like a creamier, richer dip, add mayonnaise and pulse to combine.
- Chill dip for half an hour and set out with vegetables or pita chips
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. crushed thick yellow corn tortilla chips, plus more chips for serving
- Sliced, toasted baguette, for serving
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Save 2 tablespoons of the grease and wipe down the skillet (do not wash)
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the garlic and jalapeno. Cook 2 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Stir or whisk until smooth. Stir in about two-thirds of the bacon.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese all over the top of the dip, followed by the crushed chips. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted all over. Top with the remaining cooked bacon and extra slices of jalapeno. Serve with more tortilla chips and a toasted baguette.
Check out these other recipes and tips for throwing a party on game day.