I will start this article with a little story…
A couple of months ago, my husband and I decided to book a family Disney trip for the kid’s upcoming Spring Break. Given that this isn’t our first rodeo with planning a Disney trip, it took me a few weeks to get on board with committing to the trip. “Why would you not be over-the-top excited about a Disney trip?” you ask. Valid question…I’m actually extremely excited about taking the family to Disney again. To see Disney World through the eyes of your children is truly magical…but, oh, the planning!!!
For Disney newbies, here are the general steps to planning (and although this is a cute little list, trust me, it can take DAYS to plan!):
- Plan accommodations! Offsite or onsite? How many rooms/beds needed? Value resort or Deluxe resort?
- Plan for food! Do you want to purchase a Disney meal plan? Do you want to book a Character Meal? If so, which characters are your kids a fan of? Which specific meal should you book (ie is Chef Mickey’s or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ better for your family)? What time/date to book? These get booked 180 days out before your trip!
- Plan a daily schedule! What park are you going to each day? It’s helpful to create a daily plan at least 60 days in advance. Why so early?! See next bullet!
- Plan for Fast Passes! What rides do you want to book Fast Passes for? What times should you book them for? You can book these 60 days before your trip.
Ok, back to my story…So we officially decide to go to Disney and I start planning. I check all the items I listed above… hotel, meal plan, character meals, daily schedule… Then, exactly 60 days before our trip at 7am EST, I rush to my computer to book Fast Passes (even before my morning coffee!). Fast passes booked, trip planning complete… I pat myself on the back, make a cup of coffee, and finally allow myself to get excited about the trip that was basically a part-time job to plan. End of story! And then I get an email…
The email tells me that we have an awesome sponsor that wants to partner with our blog – Pixie Vacations. Want to know what Pixie Vacations provide? DISNEY VACATION PLANNING…FOR FREE. Steve and Lisa, the husband/wife team behind Pixie Vacations, have lived, worked (they both were past Cast Members!), and played at Disney World for years, making them expert planners of all things from Mickey Mouse to Star Wars. They will work with you to plan each step and create the perfect vacation for your family – again, FOR FREE. Even after your vacation is planned, they will continue to watch for new Disney packages and offers to ensure you have the best rates possible.
Here are just a few reasons I wish I had known about them BEFORE I started (and finished) my trip planning:
1) Before the official planning begins, they will get to know your family – kids likes/dislikes, vacation preferences, budgets, etc.
2) They will help you bundle your trip to create a Disney World Package. A package allows you to book a hotel, park tickets, dining plans and more together to save you $$!
3) They will plan as little or as much of the vacation as you want! Are you a seasoned Disney vacationer? Then use them as a sounding board! Are you a crazy stressed mom of 7 who barely has time to shower? Then pour yourself a glass of wine and use them to plan everything!
4) Pixie Vacations will help you plan a variety of Disney trips – Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney, or even a trip to Aulani in Hawaii!
If you are ready to book a magical family vacation, then save yourself some time and reach out to Pixie Vacations by calling them at 678-815-1584 OR submitting a quote form below:
Disney World Quick Quote – https://pixievacations.com/walt-disney-world-quote-request/
Disneyland Quick Quote – https://pixievacations.com/disneyland-quote-request-form/
Disney Cruise Line Quote – https://pixievacations.com/disney-cruise-line-quote-request-form/