Experience Dollywood: What’s New This Year
Dolly Parton is one of our faves – not only is she uber-talented, but she’s just got it GOING ON…you know what we mean?
- Her voice? Over the top amazing
- Her outfits? Over the top flashy
So when she puts her name behind a theme park, want to guess how to describe it?
The Dollywood theme park is made of up several themed areas, each with rides, food, and entertainment your whole family (from grandparents to littles) will love. The park has a lot to offer year-round! We loved visiting the park recently to check out everything new for 2023! Ready to hear about new celebrations, new rides, and even a new resort? Continue reading, mamas!
Dollywood Festivals and Event Schedule
- I Will Always Love You Celebration: March 11 – April 8
- It has been 50 years since Dolly’s release of one of her biggest hits and Dollywood is ready to celebrate! Join in on the celebration with live entertainment, fun event décor for special photo ops, and inspired snacks at the park.
- Flower and Food Festival: April 21 – June 11
- We can’t wait to walk beneath the colorful umbrella sky, explore the larger-than-life mosaiculture displays, watch the special street performances, and enjoy a taste of Spring with garden-fresh flavors throughout the park!
- Smoky Mountain Summer Celebration: June 17 – August 6
- Enjoy long summer days at Dollywood and create lasting memories with your kids at The Gazillion Bubble Show Aurora. End your day with the Sweet Summer Nights drone and fireworks show.
- Harvest Festival: September 20 – October 30
- Everyone knows that the Smoky Mountains come alive in the fall. With pumpkin displays throughout the park, illuminating at night, it’s no surprise that USA Today Readers voted Dollywood’s Harvest Festival America’s #1 Fall Family event.
- Smoky Mountain Christmas: November 4 – January 6
- The park lights up during the Christmas season with over 6 million lights, festive shows, and sweet seasonal treats. Be sure to visit Santa during his yearly trip to hang out with his BFF, Dolly.
And don’t forget about Dollywood’s Splash Country! Open every day from May 13th through August 6th, it’s the perfect spot to cool down in the Smokies.
Dollywood is currently home to 7 thrilling roller coasters, but we are excited to share that in May they have added an 8th! Get ready to join a family-friendly expedition in search of Big Bear on Big Bear Mountain. This is now the longest coaster at Dollywood – 3,990 ft and a ride time of nearly 2 minutes. And the best part is that it was built for the whole family! We can’t wait!
New Resort Opening
We already know and love Dolly’s first resort, DreamMore Resort, and Spa… and when I say “love”, I mean L-O-V-E! Beautiful rooms with bunk beds for kids, amazing spa, huge indoor and outdoor pools, delicious on-site dining options, outdoor playground, Camp DW for making memories with your kids… the list goes on.
But starting in the Fall of 2023, we will have another beautiful resort to choose from, the HeartSong Lodge and Resort! Four-story stone fireplace in the cozy lobby, 302 spacious rooms (some with balconies because who doesn’t love waking up to that mountain air?), mountain-inspired décor, full-service dining options and lounge, and an even bigger pool than the one at DreamMore!
Decisions, decisions… you really can’t go wrong with either resort. Check out these perks of being a resort guest:
- Complimentary Dollywood TimeSaver Pass – a value of $60 per person, per day!
- Complimentary Door-To-Door Transportation to the park – leave your car at the resort and save a minimum of $25 in parking fees per day!
- Complimentary Package Delivery – park merchandise purchases delivered to your resort!
- Saturday Early Park Entry for Exclusive Ride Time – enter one hour before opening time!
For an in-depth look at how to plan a trip to Dollywood, take a look at our Dollywood 101 post here.