The Atlanta Braves have been at Truist Park since 2017. It is a great place to catch a baseball game, but what we love year-round is what is offered outside the ballpark – The Battery Atlanta. The live, work, play development is super family-friendly. When the Braves are playing away (or have an off day), it’s becoming our favorite place to meet up with friends for a play date or simply have a family day or night out. Here are the details you need to know how to make the best out of family-friendly outing at The Battery.
Family Guide to The Battery Atlanta:
Hanging Out at The Battery Atlanta
From a picnic to the splash pad. The Battery is perfect to let the kids burn some energy. While mom and dad sit back and relax, a large green space right (Georgia Power Pavilion) outside the right field/Chop House gate (field turf = no mud!) is perfect for a picnic blanket and a game of tag. Grab your dinner and drinks to go and let the kids run around and play!
The splash pad is in-between PBR Bar and Terrapin Taphouse. If the fountains are on and the sun is out, you will find plenty of kids cooling off. Don’t forget to pack a towel and change of clothes in the car.
Family Sundays are the perfect way to spend family time on Sunday at Truist Park!
Kids 14 and under can enjoy Hope & Will’s Sandlot absolutely free! Hope and Will’s is sponsored by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and is a state-of-the-art kid’s zone with a rock-climbing wall, zipline, carnival games and more! Hope & Will’s Sandlot is located at sections 152-155.
Awesome Kids only giveaways will take place prior to every Sunday game for the first 3,000 kids through the gates!
Also, after every Sunday home game, kids 14 & under can run around the bases just like the Braves, presented by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Families may begin lining up at the 3rd base ramp at the start of the 8th inning. Please be sure to fill out a digital waiver in the MLB Ballpark app while in line.
Where to Eat/Drink:
They have a place to please even the pickiest eaters. Plus, you can get drinks (including alcoholic beverages if you prefer) “to go” and walk around The Battery. The Battery is booming with new entertainment and restaurants, here is what we love:
- Antico Pizza: Just as tasty as the first location in West Midtown. You get your pizza fast and there are a number of community tables. Perfect for bigger parties. This is sure to please everyone from toddlers to grandparents! Don’t forget to grab the amazing gelato (a “single” is plenty big to share with the kids). When the weather is nice, the windows/doors are open from floor to ceiling. We love the atmosphere!
- Yard House: This is their second location in Georgia. They have plenty of TVs and a great covered patio. They have the largest selection of beers of any restaurant at the Battery. The kids’ menu offers more than a traditional menu, including Korean bbq beef! The “Happy Hour” food menu is amazing and if you can get there between 3-6:00 p.m. you can take advantage!
- Terrapin Taproom and Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q: Offers some of the best BBQ in Atlanta. This restaurant is connected to the stadium but is open every day.
- Sport and Social: This is one of three restaurants in the Live! At the Battery. By far, the most family-friendly with a ton of entertainment options for the kids (fair warning- we have visited between 4-7:00 p.m. It is a bar, so no promises the later it gets). They have a number of games to play inside for all age ranges and have hosted family movie nights!
- H&F Burger: In the mood for a burger? Try one of Atlanta’s best burgers at the new(ish) walk-up location to the right of the ballpark entrance gates.
- Punchbowl Social: Punch Bowl Social combines a diner-inspired scratch kitchen, craft beverages, and classic parlor-style entertainment such as foosball, ping pong, bowling, and billiards. They even have a Virtual Reality parlor.
Here are some other spots that we like:
- Superica This is Ford Fry’s Tex-Mex concept. Delicious. The tortillas are our favorite!
- Mac McGee’s
- Goldberg’s Bagel
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- River Street Sweets: Savannah’s candy kitchen right here at The Battery.
- The Escape Game Atlanta: Brand new to the Battery and located between Baseballism and Häagen-Dazs, this is the perfect date night, family outing or girls night activity.
- Good Game – Powered by Topgolf: an immersive experience where you can eat, drink, and play using Top Golf’s latest virtual gaming technology.
- Baseballism: a fun, non-traditional take on clothing, accessories, and artwork focused on baseball. Clothing options for infants thru adult sizes! A large Babe Ruth statue is the perfect photo op in the store!
- DressUp: Cute clothes and accessories for mom! The concept was born in Dahlonega, GA and they have 20 other locations around Georgia.
- Sugarboo and Co.: Artist, UGA grad, and mom of two, has opened her 4th storefront in Georgia. This “dealer in whimsy” has accessories for your home and a small section of unique kids’ toys.
- South End Trading Company: Discover a curated collection of gifts for those who love the South, featuring a wide range of thoughtfully selected artisanal goods for men, women, children, pets, and the home.
- Braves Clubhouse Store: The 5,000 square feet Clubhouse Store is full of Braves gear from various vendors. Enter the Braves Clubhouse Store from the fan plaza or just inside the Right Field Gate.
- Threads by Braves Clubhouse Store: Threads celebrates casual and super fans who are looking for elevated, player-inspired merchandise that’s influenced by popular fashion trends seen around the world. With new, limited-edition collections released every few weeks – and only available at Threads – shoppers will continue to be surprised by new styles and the store’s fresh take on apparel and accessories.
Good To know
- Parking is typically free for up to 3 hours (if there is a game or event at the Coca-Cola Roxy, it may differ)
- There are plenty of ramps which makes the complex super stroller-friendly
- You can get alcohol to-go as long as you stay within the Battery
- Free events continue to pop-up, including free yoga and comedy shows